Hello COHI friends, supporters, and allies,
It is our pleasure to invite you to join our next field delegation. COHI has a long history of leading delegations of women’s health and public health professionals to visit COHI’s field sites and support our partner organizations, and we look forward to expanding this tradition to our current work in the Middle East. The 2013 delegation will travel to Turkey, Jordan, the West Bank, and Israel, with participants invited to join for the entire delegation, or in pieces, according to travel availability.
In Jordan, we will be working with the Syrian population. In the West Bank and Israel we will partner with midwives, and in Israel, we will also assist Eritrean and Sudanese refugees. We will help deliver babies, train midwives, and work with community health care workers.
Here is what we can tell you:
- 21 days in duration, you can join for what your schedule allows
- Turkey, Jordan, West Bank, and Israel site placements available
- Opportunities to volunteer clinically, as well as to provide on-site training
- Fundraising component required
- Home-stays available
- Language mastery encouraged, but not required
- Supplies and equipment donations will be organized, along with distribution in country
- Scenic and historic tours will be arranged in each location
- All travel arrangements organized by COHI and local partners
Trip costs: $8,300 USD (includes airfare from North America to the region, room/board, and in-country travel)
Application requirements: Letter of interest detailing why you want to work with COHI and what experience you have in the region, your updated CV, and a list of three personal/professional references. Email them to: mjones [at] cohintl.org.